This book, published in November 2022, has been produced by merging the book Introduction to the Study of the Holy Quran by Maulana Muhammad Ali, published in 1936, and the Introduction within his English Translation of the Holy Quran with commentary, published in 1951. For further details, see the Preface.
It covers some essential topics, the knowledge of which is required for a proper study and understanding of the Quran.
The book is divided into five parts as follows:
- Part 1 deals with the basic structure of the Quran, its interpretation, its relation to earlier scriptures, its purpose and its influence.
- Part 2 explains the most fundamental teachings of the Quran.
- In Part 3 the stories of various prophets in the Quran are summarised and it is shown that these are not borrowed from the Bible.
- Part 4 clarifies misunderstandings regarding teachings of the Quran on certain issues.
- Part 5 shows how the Quran came to us after being written and arranged during the life of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.